Thursday, March 29, 2012

HCG P2 VLCD 1

Like a secret club that kids form, this diet has its own language.  For example, today is Phase 2 Very Low Calorie Day 1 (P2 VLCD 1) for me.  I know- it sounds super scientific.  I spent the last 2 days eating fatty foods and was so over it by yesterday afternoon.  I may be a fatty, but I'm not used to eating so many calories, fat grams, etc. for every single meal.  Last night I finished off my gorge session with a large sub from Firehouse.  As delicious as it was, I couldn't finish it and was sure I would puke before I was done.  Then, I started having heart palpitations, which were either brought on from all of the caffeine from the gigantic soda I was drinking, or maybe it was caused by my shrieking arteries.  I went to bed to try to calm the tachycardia (hey, I did learn something in Nursing school), and I awoke in the middle of the night sweating and nervous.  I don't know if this is from the horrible diet the past 2 days, the supplements, or the hormone itself, but I hope these issues settle down before I keel over from a heart attack.

Like I said, today is the first actual day of deprivation.  The only thing I've had so far is coffee with sugar free creamer, which is the one cheat I'm allowing myself through this process.  Although I'm not hungry, yet, all I can think about is, "can't eat anything, can't eat anything, can't eat anything, CAN'T EAT ANYTHING!" So, now all I want to do is eat something.

Every day for the next 40 days, I'll have a lean protein, approved veggie, and approved fruit for lunch and dinner with no snacks and no breakfast.  You are allowed to shift a fruit to breakfast if you want, but my coffee usually keeps me pretty full in the morning.  Also, the benefit of being a SAHM with all the kids in school today is that I'm about to go take a nap and sleep until I'm allowed to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment