Saturday, July 21, 2012

PMS Crunch

I did a movie night for my kids last night, and I made a movie themed dinner, complete with hotdogs, nachos, and a little concoction I found on Allrecipes called Movie Theater Floor. I originally posted about this on my blog about my kids, but since this one is all about me being a fatty, I think it's appropriate to discuss the foods that help keep me in this condition.

I've renamed this concoction PMS Crunch, because the sweet/salty/chocolate combo is the tits at that time of the month.  Trust me, you'll want to use my recipe instead of the Allrecipes one, because that one calls for jelly beans, and some other nut bag put in Red Hots.

PMS Crunch

Ingredients:
1 Bag of microwave popcorn (or about 3.5-4 cups of already popped)
1/2 Bag of Fritos
5-6 oz of nuts
3 Movie boxes of various candies (I used M&Ms, Reese's Pieces, and Butterfinger Bites- don't try to deviate from this awesome combo)
7 oz of candy corn ( I honestly hate this shit, but I could barely taste it, so you might as well include it.)
12 oz bag of white chocolate chips

Pop the popcorn (duh).  Make sure you get all the kernels out that didn't pop, so no one cracks a tooth.  Or, just buy the pre-popped bag of popcorn, so you don't have to worry about that.  Then mix it in a big bowl with the fritos, the nuts, the awesome candy, and the disgusting candy corn.  Melt the white chocolate very carefully, because if you don't, that shit will separate and be useless.  Put the whole package in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.  Take it out and stir.  Microwave again, and stir some more.  At this point, mine was melted.  I highly suggest that you stir for a while because the heat from the bowl will continue to melt it.  Once it's liquid, poor it over the popcorn/frito/candy mixture and stir, stir, stir.  You will have carpal tunnel and/or hand cramps by the time it's sufficiently mixed.  You're supposed to let it cool, but I say go ahead and have a sneak taste of it.  Oh, and it's really the Fritos that make the dish, so definitely don't forget them.


Here's what it looks like:
I know it doesn't look extra delicious, and the Food Lion popcorn I used is pretty wimpy looking, but seriously y'all, scrumptiousity!

No comments:

Post a Comment