Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Body is a Wonderland

But not in that sexy John Mayer way. More in the defying mathematics way.  As in I haven't exercised in 4 days, and I've eaten poorly, so I gained 5 pounds.  Let me break that down for you.  Each pound is 3500 calories, and according to this calculator, I can eat 2945 calories per day and maintain my weight.  Now, I know I wasn't tracking each morsel like I should have the past few days, but I did account for enough that I know that there's no way in hell I've consumed 17,500 calories over the last 4 days PLUS 2945 each day.  I aim for 1200-1500 calories a day, and realistically, even when I wasn't eating well, I don't think I even topped 3000. I should have stayed the same at least.  So yesterday I was so super good, limiting myself to about 1300 calories and less than 100 carbs, and I gained .2 pounds. Effffff!

In the past, all of this would have driven me to binge for weeks months, and I would have probably just decided to eat my ass off since all of the holidays are coming up anyway, and then I would do that whole New Year's resolution "I'm really going to do it this time" bullshit, but I'm not.  This is the time I'm going to do it.  It's just a setback not the end of the world, and I've already established that my scale is a whore, so I don't trust what she says anyway.  Also, I have 2 runs coming up, one of which involves me being chased by other people, so I have 6 weeks to prepare for that.  I think that's enough time to make significant strides in my fitness level.


1 comment:

  1. But the bigger question is...why were you up at 5:45am this morning, Mom?

    ReplyDelete