Friday, August 24, 2012

Couch to 5K Day 1 and Some Apps You Need

I was in a much better mind frame today, so I started the Couch to 5K program today.  I'm proud to say that I survived, and the only 2 times I stopped during the jogging portions were when my mom called and when she texted me.  I have this app on my phone (GET IT).  It's amazing, because it automatically takes the songs from your phone and plays them while you're doing the program, or you can create your own playlist just for working out. It tells you when to walk and when to jog and tells you when you're halfway through.  There's also a built in GPS, so you know how far you've gone, and it tells you your average pace (16:33 today, which is good for me).

As much as I'm raving about the app, I do feel that I must warn you that she's a sadistic twat.  And by that, I mean that as soon as you're about to go uphill, you can bet that bitch is about to say "jog".  Maybe I just have unfortunate locations for hills in my neighborhood, but I do find it odd that there's a GPS built into this thing, and it happened Every. Single. Fucking. Time.  I got this really weird stomach pain at the end, so I thought I was going to have to sue Active.com for a moment after I recovered from my heart attack, but then it went away during my cool down.

The other app I have that's uhhhhmazing is Double Twist. You see, I have a shitty Droid.  I hate my phone, but I can't get a new one until January next year, so I'm stuck with it.  I won't go into all of the issues it has, but I will be getting an Iphone next.  In the meantime, I have an Ipod shuffle, which you can't put apps on (duh).  I downloaded the C25K app to my phone, and I wanted my super fantastic workout playlist to go with it, but you can't get Itunes on the Droid.  The awesome people at Double Twist have fixed this situation so that you can create an online account and download the app to your phone, so they can sync with one another.  Voila, your Itunes music is now on your shitty non-Iphone.

Oh, and since I'm mentioning apps, I'm going to plug My Fitness Pal again, because that's the one that really keeps me on track. Full disclosure- I didn't use it at all yesterday.  I was in mourning, suffering from a break up with my baby, and I refused to be bothered with health guilt when I was already overwhelmed with parenting guilt.

So, I'm one day closer to being able to run a full 5K, which means I'm closer to being able to outrun the zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment